Top Tips: Make a difference
We would like you to make a difference.
- Be aware of what you say about maths, especially around children.
- Challenge ANYONE that you hear making negative comments about maths.
- Any time you hear celebrities in the media saying that they "can't do maths" or making negative comments about maths, discuss it with your child.
- Share your own enjoyment of maths and highlight when you have used it in everyday life.
- Dispel the myth that there is a maths gene and that only a few people can be good at maths.
- Be positive with your child - praise their effort with maths not just their achievement.